<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2004

Undecideds Non-Decisive
A good explanation of why the undecideds really aren't the key to this still-close election. The same site, Slings and Arrows, has a lot of similar smart analysis of factoids recently dropped by pollsters and such.

It also has this:

Kerry's mad and he's not going to take it anymore. I say good.

I am tired of Kerry's pussy-footing around, trying to take every position to please everyone and obviously, so is he... If Kerry continues on this track the election will be more than anything else a referendum of the left vs. the right -- winner take all.


I was ready to be won over by the Democratic convention, I really was. I was sold on Obama; I was sold on Bill 'N' Hill, who still seem more moderate than practically anyone who has followed them, for all their checkered record; I was sold by Edwards, despite thinking that he should be a really impressive mayor somewhere, not vice president; I was sold by old Joe Biden, for cryin' out loud, who had seemed as thrilling as Gephardt until then but who I'd sure rather see running than Kerry at the moment.

And then came Kerry's Army-green plate of mush, that awful mix of Hollywood fascism ("This is Starship Trooper Kerry, reporting to kick some Bug ass!") and No Interest Group Left Behind. And I knew it was over. Kerry, like Bob Dole, was running because it was his turn, and he was running on the most specious basis possible, in a way that was as out-of-touch with most voters under 50 as Nixon's chitchat about football was out of touch with those Vietnam protesters he visited one night. And he was scrupulously avoiding talking about anything that mattered, which would be the only thing that matters-- how can you stop the nukes going off in American cities better than Bush is doing?

I am offended by Kerry's refusal to run on anything of substance. I am not the only one. And though I could be swung, I suppose, at the moment I am most definitely not Undecided.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?